Our companyBotanica Santeria Supplies El Viejo Lazaro
El Viejo Lazaro site is both an online and physical Botanica for Santeria supplies and knowledge. Our physical presence is located in Miami, Florida where we provide full-service botanica spiritual stores, educational information, support, religious ceremonies, and consultations on the Lucumí religion and Yoruban culture.What is Santeria
Santería is the name used, primarily in the United States, to refer to the Afro-Cuban Lucumí religious traditions as they were syncretized with New World Catholicism during slavery. West Africans comprised the majority of Africans brought to the New World to work as slaves on the various plantations. In Cuba, the majority of Africans working in the cane fields were of the Yoruba tribe of Benin and Nigeria. They brought their Yoruban religious and cultural practices, but those practices were outlawed by the Catholic Church and plantation owners. Santería is often understood to be the merging of Lucumí and Catholicism, but practitioners generally practice both as separate but related religions in which they see no conflict. The religion is also called "Regla de Ocha". By any name, it references the belief in and reverence towards the Saints, or Orisha. Yoruba culture is at the heart of Lucumí traditions, including the Orisha, or spirits of guidance that have been syncretized and associated with Catholic saints as well. Through feasts, drumming, dancing, sacrifices, and daily rituals the Orisha are shown reverence.What is Botanica
Botanica spiritual stores offer a wide selection of products used both for the Lucumí religion and Yoruban culture. This includes some products that are also used in the Catholic faith as well. Along with products, our physical stores offer access to trained and knowledgeable practitioners who can answer questions about how to use various items and under which circumstances items are to be used. Our online botanica also provides Santería supplies but is more than just an e-commerce store
El Viejo Lazaro's e-commerce site serves not only as a botanica shop with a variety of supplies for Lucumí practice, but also as a one-stop shop for education on the Lucumí religion, Yoruba culture, and how to properly use the supplies offered. Our site is an educational source on religion and intended to be able to answer all your questions. Throughout the site you will find pataki (stories, similar to parables, of the Orisha), vocabulary of the Lucumí religion, explanations of religious and ritual practices, history, and other related articles. All information is provided in both English and Spanish. If you have questions that you do not find answers to on the site, about the religion, culture, or products, you are welcome to contact us by phone at 305-269-0045 or by email sent to email@example.com.
In addition to educational resources and products, El Viejo Lazaro's President Nelson Hernandez is an Oba Oriate who is available for consultations and various religious services in Miami.Botanica Santeria Supplies
El Viejo Lazaro is a full-service botanica for all your Santería and Lucumi religious needs, as well as other Yoruba cultural needs. If there is an item you do not find in our e-commerce store, please contact us and we can obtain it for you.
El Viejo Lazaro is run by practitioners of the Lucumí religion and provides products for both retail sale and wholesale for other practitioners. Custom made tools of the Orisha and crowns are available direct from the artisans and practicing Lucumí community members. We also offer the following products:
- African Statuettes - Statues of various African figures, including Orisha, and carved African figures for use on altars and home decor
- Santería Jewelry - Ritual jewelry representing individual Orisha
- Bead Productos - Beads by the pound and various beaded objects including eleke and mazo necklaces
- Necklaces and Ides Reg - Beaded necklaces and bracelets associated with individual Orisha
- Orisha Crowns - Custom and handmade metal crowns for individual Orisha
- Miscellaneous Botanica - Palo Santo, herbs, spiritual bath supplies, palm oil, cigars, other items for altars to individual Orisha, or for ritual use including sacrifices
- Candles - 7 day pillar candles, individual candles to work for love, money, health, and more
- Catholic Statues - statues of the Catholic saints and wood crosses
- Oshua Clothing - clothing for altar statues, rituals, and religious events
- Spiritual Incense - sticks, charcoal, and granular options for a variety of spiritual uses including spiritual cleansing
- Herbs, Ewe, and much more - Books, herbs, cooking products, perfumes and scents, dolls, soupterines for individual Orisha, and more.
The crowns and tools are custom made. We can be contacted by phone or email at 305-269-0045 or firstname.lastname@example.org.